Cooking. One of my favorite hobbies. Recently, I have been trying to cut back how often I eat out, which means I have been cooking a lot more. The problem is I am not the type of person that can eat the same thing over and over again. My max for eating the same thing in a week is about three-four times. This means, I have been trying A LOT of new recipes. This is one of my favorites and was adapted from this recipe from Eating Well. It is super easy to make and yummy as can be!
*This is the recipe I follow to make 4 servings.
- 1 Yellow Summer Squash (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 Cucumber (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 ½ cup Grape or Cherry Tomatos (halved)
- ¼ Cup Clamota Olives (make sure to buy pitted olives, halved)
- 1 Ear Corn (cut off the ear)
- ¼ Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Bunch Basil
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Small Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 3-6 Tablespoons Feta Cheese
- Begin cooking quinoa according to instructions on box. Is my favorite brand.
- Grill or cook the corn in the oven. Personally, I do not have a barbeque, so I cook mine without the husk in the oven. Once it is done cooking, cut it off the ear.
- Chop or slice all vegetables while the quinoa is cooking. Sometimes I will start this prior to beginning the quinoa because I am the slowest chopper ever.
- In a small bowl create the dressing by whisking together the cider vinegar, honey and garlic.
- Combine all vegetables and dressing in a large bowl. This is where you can take some liberties. Add extra garlic or basil, whatever you like.
- Realistically, you can just mix everything together. However, I like to make my food look pretty. To do so, place the quinoa as a bed on the bottom. Spoon your vegetables on top, then sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of feta cheese.
- Viola! You have a healthy and yummy lunch or dinner!
This salad is super easy to make and tastes delicious. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think below! Until next time… CB