One of the best things about the blogging community is that it is truly a community that supports each other. The Liebster Award is place for new blogs to tag and promote each other. I am normally not into the “tag and share” posts that you see on Facebook or whatever, but this an awesome concept that can help everyone 🙂 So thank you Holly for nominating me!
The rules for the award are:
- Recognize the blogger who tagged you on at least one social media platform
- Answer the eleven questions you were asked
- Nominate eleven new bloggers with less than 200 followers on Twitter
- Create eleven new questions for your nominees
So here we go with the eleven answers to the questions that Holly gave me!
What made you start a blog?
I wanted a place to express myself, but I also wanted a place that I had complete control over the what was being produced. I loved the idea of getting to decide on content, write posts, take pictures and do all of the social media. I wanted to prove to myself that I could create something from start to finish and be proud of the results. Check about my first ever post for a bit of a long explanation.
What influences your blog posts?
My main influence is my life and my experiences. I try to write about what I know and experience. That’s why I write so much about my travels. Those are a big part of my life and I like to be able to talk about them. I write about the things that I love and are important to me. If I do not 100% love what I am talking about, I don’t see how it would be able to vibe with the people reading it.
Where would you like to see your blog next summer?
I want my blog to be consistent. I want to post regularly, but also have great and engaging content. I also want to make sure I have gotten into a good rhythm of promoting the blog on a variety of social media platforms. I talked a lot about my year 2 goals on a recent post here.
Which blog have you been reading the longest?
The first blog I ever read was Gal Meets Glam and that was when I was still in college! I have loved getting to see her blog grow and grow and grow. Reading her posts and seeing the progression has been a big inspiration behind starting my own blog.
Would you consider linking your blog to a YouTube channel?
At the moment, I don’t see myself linking my blog to a YouTube channel, but I will never rule out the possibility. I no nothing about video editing or filming, so the learning curve would be pretty large if I did decide to do this. But, never say never, right?
What is your favorite hobby apart from blogging?
Traveling? Is that a hobby? Whenever I can I try to explore new places, even if it may not be the most exotic or exciting location. Outside of that, I love to paint and draw. I go through phases of doing this a lot and then not touching a paint brush for months. But it is one of my favorite stress relievers.
Where is your favorite holiday destination that you have visited?
This is so hard to say because I have done a lot of trips in the last couple of years and I loved each trip for different reasons. A favorite was definitely Boston. It is just a great city with a lot of culture. I wrote about my time in Boston here, so make sure to check that out! I also love Nashville for a quick weekend getaway or day trip!
Where would you love to go that you have never been before?
I really want to visit Italy! My family is Italian and I would love to go back and visit where that crazy wonderful family came from. Plus there is so much history and culture in Italy that I would love to experience!
What is your favorite beauty product?
The only beauty product that I have used consistently for years is Maybelline volume mascara (the one in the orange tube). I love make-up and try new products out on a regular basis, but this is my go to mascara and I love it! I have tried out others, but always go back to this one.
What is your favorite blog post you’ve written?
My guide to Seattle (A Long Weekend in Seattle) is definitely one of my favorite posts. It was the first time I really dived into writing a travel piece and I loved how it turned out. It is also the only post I’ve done that was a true guide. Most of my other travel posts talk more about my experiences rather than an all-inclusive guide. I also love my post on baseball (Take Me Out to the Ball Game)! This was a pretty random post, but I got to talk about something I really loved and it was so much fun to write!
Why should we all read your blog?
Hmm. I have fun and engaging contact on a variety of topics. . I try to mix in some more real and deep content. I like to think that there is a little something for everyone (well, maybe not everyone but a lot of people) on the blog!
- Natalie- http://theimperialelephant.com
- J- https://fromchaostominimalist.wordpress.com
- Jesser- https://jessertheadventurer.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling
- Valerie- https://jerseyfashion.blog
- Megan- https://adashofnutmeg.blog
- Amy- https://asiseeit3.wordpress.com
- Ally- https://allykatsite.wordpress.com
- Writing at Dusk- https://writingatdusk.wordpress.com/about/
- Marine- https://marineguillemette.com
- Sheri-Leigh- https://beesweet2017.wordpress.com
- Dhea- https://dithatalks.wordpress.com
The New Eleven Questions
- What was your inspiration for starting a blog?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What are your three favorite blogs to follow?
- If someone had to describe your blog in three words, what woud you want those to be?
- What book(s) are you currently reading?
- What is your favorite place to travel for a long weekend?
- What blog post are you most proud of?
- Where do you want to see your blog a year from now?
- What advice would you give to other new bloggers?
- Current Netflix obsession?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Happy writing fellow new bloggers! Until next time, friends… CB